DEVICES THAT CONTROL MY GATE OPENER
TRANSMITTERS & RADIO RECEIVERS
Just like your garage door opener, this device can be located on your car’s visor. Simply push the transmitter button and a radio frequency code is sent to the transmitter to open the gate.
Programmable transmitters exist which can integrate with a controller, that allows you to provide an individual code to each transmitter in order to track usage and manage,/ time zones.
Newer cars and cellphones have the capacity for a “Homelink” app which takes the place of the ind/ependent transmitters. The benefit of this is that it can integrate both your gate operator and garage door opener in one application.
Nice Apollo Gate Remote
– Fits easily in car, purse or hand
– Easy programming
– Available in multiple colors
LiftMaster Gate Remote
– Ideal for gated communities
– Each button is independently programmable
– Includes directional visor clip
Linear Visor Gate Remote
– Lasts up to 3 years with normal use
– Visor clip mounts horizontal or vertical
– Powered by two 2032 batteries
With the use of a four or three digit code, you can operate your gate remotely from a weather-tight enclosed keypad. These systems are available with a lighted background and intercom features.
Keypads can be either standalone or programmable. Standalone keypads are programmed at the keypad and have very limited users and capabilities. Programmable keypads are linked to a controller and your computer. Programmable units are available with an almost unlimited number of users.
LiftMaster Gate Keypad KPR2000
– Can be used with cards, key fobs & pin codes
– 2,000 user capacity
Durable, weatherproof design
LiftMaster Gate Keypad KPW250
– Holds up to 250 pin codes
– Easy wireless installation
– Meets NEMA 4X water-protection requirements
Linear Gate Keypad AK-11
– Holds up to 480 pin codes
– Rugged, cast aluminum enclosure
– Two LED indicators for system status
Card and Proximity Readers
These readers incorporate a card reader to open and close your gate, similar to swiping your credit card at the supermarket. If the card is accepted, the reader will send a message to the gate to open or close.
A more user-friendly type option is the proximity reader. The card is not swiped but simply waved in front of the reader. In this event, the card or the reader is less likely to wear and fail to read over time. Proximity readers also utilize key fobs which may be attached to a key chain and are about the size of pocket watch. Newer readers provide greater range and flexibility where you can simply place a card up against your front windshield and drive slowly past the reader head, allowing the reader to read the card and access the site.
LiftMaster Stand-Alone Proximity Reader
– Allows up to 50,000 proximity cards
– Durable weatherproof enclosure
– Easily mounted indoors & outdoors
HID Proximity ProxPoint Card Reader
– Features a multicolor LED & beeper
– Can read HID card with formats up to 85 bits
– Ideal for indoor & outdoor installation
Linear Gate Proximity Reader
– Read range up to 6″
– Tamper-resistant epoxy potting
– Indoor & outdoor operation
Telephone Entry Systems
These systems are wired to an existing phone line or will require a dedicated line. When someone approaches the gate, they will have the option of entering a code on the touch keypad and entering. If they do not have a code, they may simply press a “CALL” button. Once this button is pressed, a call is placed to the homeowner’s house phone. A call from the telephone entry will have a distinctive ring, alerting the homeowner to that this call is from the gate. In addition, the home owner may press a button on their phone’s keypad that signals the gate to open.
LiftMaster CAPXL Video & Phone Intercom
– Cloud-based access control for residential use
– Voice Over IP (VoIP)
– Wi-Fi compatible
SEA Wi-FI Video Gate Intercom
– Wi-Fi Compatible
– Simple set-up by mobile phone
– View gate any time using monitoring mode
CellGate Watchman EVO Gate Intercom
– Compatible with Verizon and AT&T LTE
– Pedestal, recessed or surface mounting
– Calls up to 6 app contacts